Today's review is about a nail product I've had for quite some time now. It's Essence's Nail Art Pen in Deep Purple, and now I'll tell you what I think about it.
- available at most drugstores
- costs about 1-2 Euros, I don't remember the exact price, sorry
- looks like a normal pen to write with
- you have to pump a little to get the color out, that means pressing the tip onto a hard background
- is NOT waterproof
- deep purple is a dark creme purple
- also available in a few other colors
- easy to use
- the tip is fine, you can do thin lines
- pretty and opaque color
- it's not waterproof ---> you make a mistake, you can clean it up easily with water
- good for beginners with nail art
- it dries fast
- it happens sometimes that a big blob of color comes out and messes it all up
- the tip gets full of polish and smeary stuff over the time
- it's not waterproof ---> if you forget your topcoat, you're pretty design comes off really easily
- it dries to a semi-matte finish which I don't really like
|just after I applied it|
The not waterproof thing is really there: Once you wash your hands, the design comes off immediately. At first I didn't read the packaging where is says so, and was really surprised when it all came off ;) So be aware of that!
|dry; see the semi-matte finish?|
Other than that, it's a nice product. I don't use it all the time, and since I've got a bit of experience with nail art, I can also use other polishes. But I do recommend it, and if you find a color you like, give it a try!
Does anyone use this one, too?