Today I want to share a little tag I saw on quite a few blogs now. It's called 10 Facts about the Life of a Beauty Blogger, and I thought this was a nice idea! I personally find it so interesting to read what others think about blogging, and what quirks they have when it comes to it ;) So here are my 10 Facts about the Life of a Beauty Blogger:
- Before I ever touch something, I have to swatch it. And if there's not enough light for that, I need to wait for the next day. That sometimes really freaks me out, because I always immediately wanna try out new stuff, but I always tell myself to first take pictures.
- Whenever I log into Blogger, I'm always so so excited what's new. A comment, a new reader or maybe a new record of clicks...it's all so great!
- Sometimes I'm really in a blogging mood, and then I sit down and blog until I get really tired of it. That means I sometimes preblog a full week at one night, and that can be up to 10 posts!
- I'm always tempted to buy things because of my blog. I'm always like: But that could be interesting for my readers... But truth is, I just don't have enough money for that. So I try to get interesting products that I really like.
- Now I'm onto Fact 5, and I'm already out of ideas. I sometimes really have to rack my brain to find something to blog about. But usually that helps, and something comes to my mind.
- I love that as a Blogger I'm way more up-to-date than I was before I joined this community. I read a ton of blogs and am also told new things, and that makes it great when it comes to dupes, comparisons and new collections. I even know these things about brands I can't afford ;)
- Since I've started blogging, I don't have the time to keep up with YouTube anymore. Before I started, I read like 3 blogs and watched 10 different videos a day. I am subscribed to a lot of the big beauty gurus on YouTube, but I just can't keep track with the videos. I find that videos are way more time consuming than blog posts, because with a post I can scroll and skip uninteresting parts. But with a video, I keep watching because there might be something important said, and I don't know about it ahead of time.
- I'm the only girl who's as much into beauty stuff at my school, as far as I know (and I know a lot of people). I'm always asked about trends, colors and in general what things are. The most common thing I hear? "Misch, what the hell is a foundation??" :D I find that adorable :D I'm also one of the few ones with a blog. A good friend of mine is a photographer, and he used to blog, too, but he's the only one in my circle of friends.
- You really often hear me say "Read my blog". Like I just said, I'm asked a lot of questions about beauty stuff, and I tell them to go read my blog quite often. For nail tutorials for example. But a lot of them don't like the fact that I blog in English, it's too hard for them to understand ;)
- When I started blogging, I told no one, and not until I had 6 months of blogging done, I told my best friend. Now I've told a lot of people, and they all reacted way better than I thought. They all like it, and are impressed, which I'm glad they are. I honestly was a little afraid that they'd think I'm weird in a bad way, and bully me. But luckily they don't! :)
I actually had wanted this to be a rather short post, but I just kept rambling ;) Right now I could even think of more facts, but I'll save them for a new version of this after some time.
I wanna tag all of my lovely subscribers who have reached the amazing number of 65 :) I'm so so proud of this little blog, and that there are that many people reading my stuff! Thank you all so much :)
I'd be so glad if some of you did this tag, too :) Please send me your links!
I'll talk to you guys soon!
xoxo, Misch :) <3