Saturday 26 March 2011

Review: Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper

Hey there!
I have a new product from the Essence permanent line to show you today: one of the Nail Art Special Effect Toppers. There are -as far as I know- 5 different ones available, and I got one of them.
It's called 02 Circus Confetti and has a clear base with different-sized multi-colored glitter particles. It looks a little like Happy Birthday by Deborah Lippmann *click* and requires several coats to get opaque, but that's not what it's meant for. As the name says, it's a topper, so you're supposed to apply one or two layers of it over a color of your choice. You can pretty much use anything, but it mainly pops against dark colors. Black is the best color in my opinion, I'm sure it makes it look awesome! I'll try that soon for sure.
Since it contains that much glitter, it'll pretty hard to remove. Tough I haven't worn it yet that point is totally clear, it's always like that with these glitter polishes. I think it's worth the removal process, because I like how colorful and funny it is, but you definitely have to be patient with it. The surface gets pretty uneven, at least on the nail wheel, so I guess you should apply a topcoat over it. In the pictures you can see three thin layers of it.
Did you get any of the toppers yet?
I'll see you soon!
xoxo, Misch

15 comments:

  1. I am sure it looks very nice on top of a black or deep blue polish. I didn´t have the opportunity to get it so far ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: deep blue is also a great idea, thanks :) I'll let you know when I try it out :)
    Are you planning to get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, and I'm really mad about this top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @subflava: yeah, it's really cool! i'll wear it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for something like that. I would appreciate if you can make some swatches on top of another colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Misch:

    I just subscribed to your blog, following Salander's good advice.
    I can't wait to get the new products, mid-April sounds too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Salander: I will soon :) I'll try to do it some time this week!

    @ marox79: thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - just bought this last week - it looks lovely!! Have you used it yet? Any suggestions of easy/good ways to get it off your nails?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anonymous: that's great :) I tried it quite some time ago, you can see it here: http://mischsbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/notd-april-2nd-glitter-combo.html
    you definitely have to be patient! I always keep the tissue with nail polish remover pressed on my nails for a short time, so they're soaked and it gets off a little better. But you can't do a lot about it, glitter's always hard to remove ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! :) it looks soooo cool though so I think it's worth it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anonymous: you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but
    your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Many thanks
    Also visit my blog post ... hier lesen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does youг blog have a contact рage? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to send уou an emаil.
    I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.
    My webpage hundeschule nürnberg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can find details in the sidebar! My email address is mischsbeautyblog@googlemail.com :)
      Thanks :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.