Saturday 9 February 2013

NOTD February 9th: Essie Marshmallow + China Glaze Whirled Away

Hi guys!
Today I'd like to show you a combo of two of my newest nail polishes, Essie's Marshmallow and China Glaze's Whirled Away, which is part of the current Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away Collection.
Essie's Marshmallow is a sheer white polish, I'd say a jelly. It's very shiny and at first a bit streaky. It gives a very milky look without getting fully opaque.
Application of Marshmallow was good, at first it was patchy but it built up nicely with 3 coats.
China Glaze's Whirled Away consists of a clear base and black hex and string and white big hex glitter particles. There are more black ones than white ones in there.
Application of Whirled Away was good, but you do have to fish a little to get the white particles. I didn't push them around on the nail, and was left with rather random patterns, each nail unique.
I at first meant to do a jelly-glitter-sandwich with these two, so I did 3 coats of Marshmallow and then 1 of Whirled Away. On my ring finger I topped this with another coat of Marshmallow, but I thought that looked too milky. So for the rest of my nails I went straight for top coat.
I really like this combo, it looks really funny! Lots of people couldn't believe the glitter particles came just out of a nail polish and weren't drawn!
What do you think of it?
xoxo, Misch

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful combination, I never liked bar glitter but looks just fine like this, when it's not heavily applied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you painted them! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.