Tuesday 17 May 2011

Spotted: Manhattan Limited Lotus Edition

Hey everyone,
I just lately saw the new Manhattan Nail Polish Collection, called Limited Lotus Edition, and I thought you might wanna hear about it ;)
I'm gonna tell you some details and show you the 2 polishes I got and my first impressions about them. Here we go:
This LE contains 20 polishes, and surprisingly, they have names! Normally Manhattan nail polishes always just have numbers from a system, but these ones have actual names, and pretty creative ones at that! All of the polishes are in one big counter thing that is separated from the normal counter. Hope you see what I'm trying to explain ;)
All of the polishes contain 11 ml and were 2,95 Euros each. They're available for a limited time at most drugstores and the official launch date was the 16th of May, but they were already spotted earlier. At my local drugstore most of the polishes were sold out in the first few days, because the colors are all bright and fun for summer, and there are shades from every color family. So you'd better get your favs soon! Here *click* can you find an overview of the polishes.
Now onto the polishes:
I got 2 ones, a blue one called 04 Do You Twitter? and a light grey called 16 Gossip Girl.
The blue polish is a really pretty creme polish, a mid-toned sky blue.
The name really fits because it's really like the Twitter blue, but I don't know if it's a 100% match. But it's pretty nonetheless. I didn't wear it on my nails yet, but on my nail wheel it was almost opaque with one coat, and the second one totally perfected it. It's so pretty for summer and I love this happy color :) It also dries all shiny.
The light grey polish is - in my opinion - like a dove grey, with a slight pearl shimmer that does barely translate onto the nail wheel.
The color was also pretty opaque with the first coat on the nail wheel, but it definitely needed a second. But after that, you're good to go! This one dries shiny, too. It immediately reminded me of China Glaze Pelican Grey *click* , but I don't own it, so I can't tell you whether it's dupe, sorry.
can you tell the pearl? :)
So, after all you can definitely say that these polishes are all pretty and worth a try! So check them out, you won't regret it :)
I'll see you guys soon!
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. Very nice collection. 16 polishes! That has to be the largest nail polish release in a LE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @marox: yes it is :) I just saw that I made a mistake, it's not 16 polishes but 20!! that's really a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Misch: I'm not very good at maths, I didn't notice it was 20, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @marox: haha :D well, then it's fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grey colour is so pretty! It's amazing how cheap is Manhattan in Germany, in Spain it is hard to find and more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Salander: yeah, it is :) NOTD post is coming up soon :)
    really? what a pity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.