Thursday 13 June 2013

Book Review: Looking for Alaska by John Green

Hey everyone!
Today I'd like to review a book I read a couple of weeks ago during my trip to Italy. It's called Looking For Alaska, written by John Green.
Looking For Alaska tells the story of Miles "Pudge" Halter, who is rather bored by his life. In his search of something exciting to happen he decides to join a boarding school. There he meets a couple of interesting people, who seem to be just as not-fitting-in and crazy as he is, among them Alaska Young, whom he finds highly fascinating.
The book basically tells what happens to them at boarding school, parted into one part of "Before" and one of "After". In between there's a life-changing incident. Life at boarding school might sound pretty boring, but it is very entertaining to read as there aren't any boring things happening to our main characters.
I love how the characters are very well described. They all have very special but relateable personalities which makes reading about it a lot more fun.
I love the way the story is told from the perspective of Miles, you can very easily feel with him and understand his actions.
Somehow, this book kind of reminded me of the Dead Poets Society! I guess that's due to the story taking place at a boarding school, and the rather unusual main characters. In terms of how the book is written they don't seem similar at all.
After all, I really enjoyed reading this book, and highly recommend it! Love John Green looks in general :)
Has anyone of you guys read it?
xoxo, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.