Today I finally have the review for the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara for you, after I've already been mentioning it in EOTD posts :)
- in the shade Blackest Black which is exactly what the name says
- has a fun colorful retro packaging (pink and green!)
- you should use it up within 6 months as the packaging claims
- it contains 12,5 ml
- costs 3,75 Euros
- is available at most drugstores, although I noticed that in my area only stores with a big Maybelline counter had this one
- the wand has a normal size, not extraordinary
- design (I like it)
- color - yeah, I know, it's just black, but at least it's a true black
- easy to control
- drying time is okay
- the formula is way too wet for my liking
- the wand is too small for my preference
- no amazing effect on the eyes: not extreme volume, not extreme lengthening
- it tends to clump and stick your lashes together, especially after 2 coats
Here *click* you can see the mascara on my lashes in a EOTD post.
As you can tell, this mascara is not the best one I ever tried. The wand is nothing special, and that's visible on the eye as well. Especially right after I got it, the formula is extremely wet which causes a lot of clumping and sticking. Now, after about 2 weeks, the formula is better than in the beginning, but still not perfect. It adds a little like a wet look to the lashes. It's nothing special, and if you're looking for a basic mascara, you could give this a try. But there are definitely better mascaras out there, especially from Maybelline! I definitely will be using this one up, but I know already that I won't repurchase it.
Did anyone try this, too?
Until next time,