this nail art piece is still from my birthday on June 17th, it's a Cupcake design!
Unfortunately this time I wasn't able to do a picture tutorial this time, but I'll do my best and just type a tutorial!
I just want to say ahead of time that the colors I used aren't actual polishes, because I didn't have the exact colors I wanted to use. So I mixed them, which makes the list of used things longer, and also the time you need ;) Just do this design with the polishes you already have, that's the easiest way!
That's what you need:
- a base coat of your choice (I used the pro white frensh one by Essence)
- a light blue color (I used China Glaze - Sea Spray)
- a shimmery brown (I used p2 - forever with the Essence Fairytale LE - 05 Tinka's Dress on top)
- a light pink (I mixed it with OPI Java Mauve-A, Essence All I Want LE - 03 Santa Baby and the Essence Stampy Polish in white)
- a cherry red color (I used Essie - Limited Addiction)
- a black tip painer (I used the one by RdLY)
- a nail art brush or toothpick
- a topcoat of your choice (I used Essence Sealing top coat)
1. Use your base coat to protect your natural nail.
2. Paint your nails with the light blue shade. Use as many coats as needed.
3. Start to draw the bottom of the cupcake. Take the brown polish and do a little rectangle for it.
4. Paint the top part of the cupcake with the pink. Don't make it to regular, a cupcake's never perfect. Do it rather random. The easiest way to create a cupcake's top is to make swirls and circles that are irregular.
5. Create the cherry on top of the cupcake. Just make a red dot.
6. Draw stripes onto the bottom and outline it with black. Don't forget the cherry's stamp!
7. Add a topcoat to protect your design.
this video by CutePolish *click* you can see how to do it. I changed mine a little, but the basic steps are the same.
Hope you like the design, I think it's adorable! And it worked perfectly for my birthday :)