Saturday 22 January 2011

New Nail Polishes!! YAY! :)

Hey everyone,
today I have a haul to show you :) 
As some of you might know, I totally love the nautical sailor style, and when China Glaze released a complete collection with that theme, I just had to get some colors :)
The China Glaze "Anchors Away" Collection is their Spring 2011 one and available on Transdesign.com since January 12th. I immediately ordered on January 12th and the polishes arrived today, on January 22nd! I'm amazed, it took only 10 days, it's never been so fast! YAY! :)
I really like the collection by China Glaze, not only for the theme, but also because it's one of the few spring collections that aren't only pastel colors. We've had that long enough now, so a nice change is good :)

I was tempted to order the whole collection, but that was a little too much ;) So I made it down to 6 polishes:
- Sea Spray:

top: China Glaze - Sea Spray
underneath: p2 - being in heaven
A pale blue with a very slight shimmer, almost not noticeable. It's definitely not a pastel, it has a very slight grey tint to it that makes it look a little bit muddy - in my opinion it looks a little like rain :) I compared it to p2 being in heaven, so you can see how grey and muddy it looks next to a real pastel. It's also not similar to For Audey by China Glaze, this one is way greeneer and torqouise. I don't have a color like it! It's opaque with two coats, really nice creamy formula.
- First Mate


A very true navy blue creme. Also perfectly opaque with 2 coats, if you paint very thick and careful, one'll be enough. It's very similar to 77T by Manhattan for the Spice Up Your Nails collection. I wouldn't say they're totally dupes, the one  by Manhattan is slightly darker.
- Life Preserver


A poppy orange creme. It's very muted, definitely not neon or anything. I wouldn't say it's totally unique, but I don't own a color like it. It's opaque with 2 coats as well.
- Hey Sailor!


A bright sailor, pin-up kinda red. Creamy and perfectly opaque with 2 coats. I mainly got this one because of the name, so cute :) It's not that unique, there are a lot of bright reds out there, but I like this one a lot. It's very shiny, too :)
- Knotty


A nude color with a glitter/foil finish, maybe even glass-flecked. Really pretty, especially in the sunlight when it shines and glitters. It's not boring at all, what nudes can be easily, a nude eyecatcher :) For this one I needed 3 coats, but if you paint very carefully, 2 will do the job :)
comparison between sunset sail (left) and knoty (right)
- Sunset Sail


A nude peach color with a light shimmer that is definitely noticeable. It's opaque with 2 coats, as most of the others. I like it a lot, a basic color that is still kinda different.

I also got two OPI colors:
- Suzi Says Feng Shui


A cobalt blue that was in last year's Spring collection, the Hong Kong one. Creamy and opaque with 2 coats, really pretty :) I didn't own a color like it yet :)
- Java Mauve-A
 
it's way to pale in this pic :P


A nude with a lot of mauve in it. It looks pink with some brown in it, or like a very dirty reddish pink. I would say it's  a rosewood color, actually. My camera wasn't really able to pick up the color in it's true way, it made it a lot cooler and pinker. The color is in real life very warm and creamy, it's almost a one-coater, I just had to do 2 coats because I didn't paint evenly.

I love all of the colors a lot :) Do you own any of them? What do you think of them, do you like'em?!
xoxo,
Misch

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, Sea Spray went direct to my wish list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: that's great :) maybe you already saw it in my collective NOTD post, I love love love it! such a pretty color :) it's definitely worth getting it in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.