Wednesday 13 June 2012

Swatches: Essence MySkin Tinted Moisturizer in Medium/Dark

Hey everyone!
When I got back from my vacation, I was really way tanner than I normally am. Unfortunately a part of that has already faded, but you can still tell I spent some time in the sun. So with my tan I needed a new shade of foundation for my face, my old one really was way too light! That's why I stopped at the local drugstore and just picked up the darker version of Essence's MySkin Tinted Moisturizer. I figured a tinted moisturizer would be enough for the summer, and since I love the light version, I wanted to give the dark one a try.
Now, the bottle says it's for medium to dark skin tones, and it really is dark! And also very warm toned, I'd make sure to check the shade if you want to get it.
In the pictures you can see it compared to the lighter version, and the difference is really apparent.
This version actually is too dark for me, even with my tan skin, but I found a good solution: I just mix the light and the dark moisturizer the way I need it! That works perfectly for me, and I'm really happy I can create my own customized shade of tinted moisturizer :D
I already wrote a review about the light one, which can be found here *click*. The dark version only differs in terms of color, so there won't be an additional review.
Do you get darker shades of foundation during the summer?
xoxo, Misch

4 comments:

  1. I use my foundation all year round because I seldom tan or tan enough to need a different shade.
    I try to be careful with my sun exposure in order to have younger and healthier skin in years to come. I got enough sunburns when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that till this year :D
      I'm sure your skin appreciates it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I would say it is even dark for me and I am very tan now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it actually blends in a little lighter than it looks :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.