Saturday 20 December 2014

London: Camellia's Tea House

I've finally decided on the way I want to talk about the great experiences I made during my road trip, and it's going to be totally at random. Whatever I feel like, city, shop, activity, it doesn't matter.
I hope you don't mind I chose that way of talking about it all, but any other way would take a great part of the fun out of it, and I really want to avoid that.

What I want to share with you guys today is a great experience I had in London, which was actually the very last stop of our trip. I loved the city, and one afternoon I went out for tea with two of my friends, as one does in England.

The place we went to is called Camellia's Tea House, and I liked it so much that wanted to recommend it to you, should you ever find yourselves in London.
Camellia's Tea House can be found on the second floor of a tiny version of a food & shopping centre, called the Kingly Court. It is located in Carnaby Street, which is in Soho.

Inside the Tea House you can choose from a great selection of things. They have many different kinds of cakes, pastries and biscuits. What I loved about the tea selection is that they have it put up in a shelf, and before ordering you can go and smell the tea to make your choice easier. Which it doesn't really do, though, given that the teas to choose from are so numerous.
In the end I went for a cream tea with chocolate tea, in case you were interested. They make really good scones, served with jam and clotted cream.

On thing I really appreciated about the location was how lovely it looked. It was decorated nicely, and had this great view down on the court, which itself was decorated by tons of fairy lights. It's not very kitschy, which I liked a lot, only very appealing.

I also loved how there didn't seem to be only tourists in there. It was not one of those places crammed with people, but very calm and nice.

Considering being in central London, it was fairly reasonably priced, with 7,95£ for a cream tea. That's of course not cheap, but kind of what you have to expect when being in London. It is a very expensive city after all!

I can definitely recommend this Tea House! Maybe you'd like to check it out during your next trip to London, or some other shop in the Kingly Court.
Has anyone of you ever been there?

xx, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.