Sunday 19 May 2013

Movie Review: The Great Gatsby

Hey there!
Yesterday I went to see The Great Gatsby, the new movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan. It came out, I believe, last week.
The story basically is about the life of a couple of people in New York during the time of the Roaring Twenties. The person it's centered around is, of course, Gatsby.
I'm quite sure most of you already know the storyline as the book is rather famous.
Now, onto the movie. I'm gonna say it right away, I loved it. I'm personally a huge fan of the Twenties and stories about them, and this one is probably one of the greatest.
The costumes were simly gorgeous, such stunning clothes, I loved that! The soundtrack also was amazing, even if they did use quite a lot of modern songs instead of actual Twenties music. I loved the acting in the movie, every character was portrayed very detailed.
The screenplay of this movie is pure awesomeness. It's in 3D, and it's stunning! The quality, the richness, everything! In every single scene, you just had to stare at the beauty of it all. The whole thing was just pure eye candy. It stunned me how gorgeous it all was!
I love how they made it seem so authentic and comprehensible, but at the same time it was all like a big dream, utterly unrealistic. That was great!
After all, I highly recommend you go see this movie, I enjoyed it a lot :)
Has anyone of you seen it?
xoxo, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.