Wednesday 20 March 2013

DIY Deathly Hallows Jute Bag

Hey guys!
Today I'd like to share a little DIY project I did a couple of days ago. You know these jute bags, the normal plain ones? A lot of stores sell them with some saying on them, but I decided to put my own design onto it! After thinking for a while I settled for a Deathly Hallows design, just because that's like my go-to logo. I just love it so much!
First of all, I had to find a regular and plain jute bag. Luckily I still had one laying around from grocery shopping! Then I just had to pick out black fabric paint (which you can get at your local craft store) and a brush. Also, pull the jute bag over something to protect the back!
I started by drawing the sign on with a pencil, and then went over the lines with the fabric paint. I did two coats to be sure it's opaque!
As a last step to fix the design, I had to iron it because the bottle of fabric paint said so. And tada, my awesome bag! I love it, it's super simple and fun!
What do you think of it? What would you put on your bag?
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea! Where do you find the plain jute bags though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!
      either at your local supermarket or something, and you can get them online! I know amazon and ebay definitely have them!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.